Magellan has announced two new running watches designed for those more active than I. The Magellan Switch ($249.99) and Magellan Switch-up ($299.99) feature high resolution displays with a black background and gray letters (for readability in direct sunlight). They track location and distance, and record speed/pace and elevation–all thanks to a highly precise GPS that enables 3-5 meters of accuracy. You can expand the capabilities as well by adding an optional soft strap heart rate monitor, as well as other third party accessories. Of course, being a watch, they are water resistant, and on the Switch-up model you’ll get an added vibration motor for notifications, plus a barometric altimeter to capture accurate elevation information, as well as a temperature sensor.
- The Feature-Filled Moto G5: Luxury Features, Budge…May 5, 2017
- We talk TomTom with President Jocelyn VigreuxApril 25, 2017
- PlayStation VR: Our Best Buy Review of the MonthApril 24, 2017
- Iridium’s New Satellite Constellation Keeps …April 22, 2017
- The All-New, Tech-Filled Lincoln NavigatorApril 19, 2017