Mike Lazaridis (who has been a CEO of RIM since 1992) and co-CEO Jim Balsillie have officially stepped down, as former RIM COO Thorsten Heins is now the new head of the embattled company. Once the go-to choice for businesses looking for mobile email devices, RIM has since seen its market share drastically reduced by the success of both iOS and Android devices; and while RIM’s Playbook was universally acknowledged as a great piece of hardware, its lack of adoption and “not-ready-for-prime-time” software proved to be too little too late. Though things may not look too promising at the moment, perhaps this change of leadership will be enough to get RIM going in the right direction–and as a Blackberry fan and former user, I truly hope it is.
- The Feature-Filled Moto G5: Luxury Features, Budge…May 5, 2017
- We talk TomTom with President Jocelyn VigreuxApril 25, 2017
- PlayStation VR: Our Best Buy Review of the MonthApril 24, 2017
- Iridium’s New Satellite Constellation Keeps …April 22, 2017
- The All-New, Tech-Filled Lincoln NavigatorApril 19, 2017