The main problem with everyone’s favorite indoor, low-impact workout is pretty obvious: Like most things you do in a gym, it’s boring. Wouldn’t it be great to take everything you love about an elliptical workout, and combine it with the great outdoors? The ElliptiGo does just that. Imagine taking a traditional bicycle and replacing the standard pedals with elliptical pedals, and you’ll get the idea. The ElliptiGo even converts to an indoor trainer when the weather turns against you. The ElliptiGo line starts at $1799 and goes all the way up to $3499. Check out the video above to see it in action, and click past the jump for the full PR…
ElliptiGO® bikes were designed to enable everyone from elite athletes to everyday fitness enthusiasts to get outside for a low-impact, high-intensity workout. Injured and former runners whose bodies can’t take the impact of regular running anymore can feel that runner’s high again on the ElliptiGO. Healthy cross-training athletes can get in a running-specific workout that builds fitness without risking impact-related injury, and indoor elliptical enthusiasts can get outside of the gym for a fun, comfortable, low-impact workout. ElliptiGO® is also currently used and endorsed by a number of Olympians, professional runners, and sports teams including the Boston Celtics, Stanford University Track and Cross-Country, Two-Time National Champion Lauren Fleshman, American Record Holder Josh Cox, Ultramarathoner Dean Karnazes, and Olympic Runners Adam Goucher, Magda Lewy Boulet, and Jorge Torres.
ElliptiGo: Models 3C, 8C and 11R World’s first elliptical bicycle provides a fun, low-impact, high-intensity workout outdoors• Combining the best of running, cycling and the elliptical trainer, the ElliptiGO® provides a running-like workout outdoors that eliminates impact
• It provides the casual fitness enthusiast, cross-training runner or active “boomer”, a full-body workout in a short period of time
• Handles and performs like a bike and is as easy to ride as a conventional bicycle
• ElliptiGo is 2 products in 1: Use it outdoors in good weather then mount it on a stationary trainer and use it indoors at night or in bad weather
• 3 different models were designed for a variety of terrain and fitness levels, each provides from 3 to 11 gears of resistance to enable the rider to generate speeds up to 25mph on flat land and climb hills up to a 30% grade
• Each model features a removable or folding steering column and a removable front wheel for easy storage and transport
• Available in black, green or orangeThe full line of ElliptiGO® bikes is available for purchase for $1,799 to $3,499 at over 300 retailers nationwide and throughwww.ElliptiGO.com.