V-Moda Gets Rugged and Stylish with M-80 Headphones
Not only do these headphones look awesome, but the new M-80 White Pearl on-ear headphones promise superior sound quality as well. V-Moda debuted the new Crossfade M-80’s which feature natural noise isolation and ruggedness, as well a compact design that’s as ideal for traveling as it is for everyday use. Along with pro-grade acoustics come an inline microphone with control, as well as a snag-free cable. The Crossfade M-80 White Pearl retails for $230, and you can check out the full release after the jump.
Los Angeles – May 24, 2012– V-MODA, the multi-platinum selling maker of headphones trusted by the pros and elite, announces today the debut of Crossfade M-80 White Pearl, a stylish new color composed of white with silver metal accents. The smart and sophisticated design is masterfully crafted to match any ensemble bringing fashion, music and mobile technology together. Authentically tuned by a legion of legendary musicians, Grammy-Award winning producers and audiophiles, M-80 packs professional acoustics, natural noise isolation, ultimate ergonomics and military-level ruggedness into a luxuriously comfortable, travel-friendly compact design. The new SpeakEasy microphones provide crystal clear calls in loud environments and are specially designed and tuned for voice recognition apps like Siri. The M-80 is the ultimate symbol of sophistication in sound and style.
“The M-80 has won over the audiophile community with hundreds of accolades, reviews and awards” said Val Kolton, founder of V-MODA. “Now we’re widening the appeal to fashionistas with an ‘ABCP’ philosophy, Anything But Circles and Plastic. Headphones have become an essential accessory like fine watches, shoes, and handbags and we feel you shouldn’t wear carbon-copy cheap plastic around your head. Additionally, we felt it was imperative to focus as much on the microphones as the sound so that you can have a conference call or command your voice apps while walking down the street. Our new SpeakEasy microphones are as superior as the M-80’s sound.”
The nucleus of M-80 is its patented and biggest-in-class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers that deliver multi-driver sound with the energy efficiency and consistent quality of a single driver. To recreate a pure and balanced sound analogous to Vinyl, M-80 uses BLISS noise isolation to naturally immerse you into your own world of sound. The specially tuned V-PORT V3 and memory cushions create a true three dimensional sound stage with vibrant bass, vivid mids, and vivacious highs and make M-80 the essential companion for extended listening sessions on smartphones, notebooks and tablets.
M-80’s first-class materials are virtually indestructible including a metal frame, STEELFLEX headband that perfectly contours the head for a sleek look, interchangeable silver metal shields and replaceable memory foam ear pads. The beautiful white and silver finish perfectly complements the accents of Apple and Samsung mobile devices. The M-80 offers universal smartphone compatibility with 2 detachable, Kevlar-reinforced SpeakEasy cables optimized for noisy environments and voice recognition along with an exoskeleton carrying case for added road warrior armor.
V-MODA believes in the ability to be unique and endorse yourself. Through V-MODA’s custom shield and laser engraving, you can interchange the silver metal shields with new colors, designs, logos and even your own design.
MIL-STD-810G and V-MODA Quality Tests
• Survives 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet, approximately three times the industry standard
• Headband can bend 10+ times flat, without breaking and retain its memory and shape
• M-80 has virtually inaudible sound variances across the spectrum of less than 2dB from unit to unit versus 10-30dB+ of inferior products
• Kevlar reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standards
• MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
M-80 White Pearl Features
• 40mm patented Dual-Diaphragm drivers (biggest in class)
• V-PORT V3 Soundstage
• BLISSTM Noise Isolation w/o Leakage
• Over 3 Years of Ergonomics Research
• Two Kevlar® reinforced SpeakEasy cables (3-Button, 1-Button) with separate controls to reduce noise for voice recognition in noisy surroundings
• 3 button SpeakEasy control and separate microphone for Apple products including iPhone, iPad and Macbooks
• 1 button SpeakEasy control and separate microphone universally compatible with all audio devices, tablets and 3.5mm smartphone products including Android, Windows and BlackBerry
• Stylish interchangeable shields (purchased separately)
• White exoskeleton hard case, ensuring headphones are protected in style
• Two-year V-MODA Premier warranty
• Immortal Life Replacement Program – 50 percent off lifetime discount to replace consumer-damaged headphones
The Crossfade M-80 White Pearl retails for $230.00 and is available today at V-MODA.com, Amazon.com and fine boutiques worldwide. Product overview and an unboxing video are available at V-MODA’s YouTube channel.