Hiring a taxi cab in New York may become a little easier…at least if the TLC (Taxi and Limousine Commission) gets its way. The TLC is commissioning a new app that will allow users to not only hire a taxi cab, but track it and pay for it as well (the system is being shopped to developers currently, so there’s no word on when it might make its way into consumers’ hands). Several companies with experience are looking to get involved–including Taxi Magic (which is currently used in over 45 US cities to hire tabs) and London-based Hailo, which is investigating the U.S. taxi cab system and hoping to gain traction.
- The Feature-Filled Moto G5: Luxury Features, Budge…May 5, 2017
- We talk TomTom with President Jocelyn VigreuxApril 25, 2017
- PlayStation VR: Our Best Buy Review of the MonthApril 24, 2017
- Iridium’s New Satellite Constellation Keeps …April 22, 2017
- The All-New, Tech-Filled Lincoln NavigatorApril 19, 2017