I like supporting causes, and I like getting good deals on apps!
If you’re not familiar with The Humble Bundle, you should get hip to that jive but quick. Humble Bundles are groups of games and albums which are grouped together to be sold. The money from that sale is divided among the company which hosts the bundle, the developers and artists who made the media, and the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and Child’s Play Charities. You get to decide how much money goes to each source.
The other benefit of grouping these pieces together is that it allows for a “Pay What You Want” pricing. Wanna pay a buck? Go for it. However, if you pay more than the average you’ll also get a bonus game to go with your bundle.
This Bundle for Android has some great games too.
- Fieldrunners for you tower defense junkies.
- Bit.Trip Beat is a beautifully 8-bit music game.
- SpaceChem is a terrifically difficult science-y puzzle game.
- Uplink is an awesomely detailed hacker game.
- Pay more than the average (currently $6.07) and you’ll also receive Spirits, a gorgeous puzzle platformer.
It’s a great deal, for some great games, and a great way to pay. It’s all great!