Bring Your Own LTE Phone to AT&T GoPhone Prepaid Service Starting June 21st
The prepaid and MVNO market is getting really competitive. AT&T is bumping up their GoPhone service allowing customers to bring their own LTE enabled handsets to play. This is a clear shot at services like StraightTalk (which is currently 3G only), and it brings AT&T customers an option closer to what T-Mobile is offering.
The top tier plan is $60 per month for unlimited calling/messaging and 2GB of data; going over that 2GB cap will cost you $10 for another gig. All of this, of course, without having to sign a contract.
Also announced is a new Samsung GoPhone. The Galaxy Express is a solid mid-range handset being offered for GoPhone customers, and of course brings that magical LTE radio for you to enjoy all kinds of fast mobile data.
Full PR after the jump.
AT&T GoPhone Customers Can Surf the Nation’s Fastest 4G LTE Network with Prepaid Plans
New 4G LTE GoPhone Device Offers Blazing Fast Speed on a Budget
Dallas, Texas, June 14, 2013
Beginning June 21, AT&T* GoPhone customers can enjoy the affordability and simplicity of a prepaid wireless plan on the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network.** AT&T is adding to its lineup of GoPhone devices with the introduction of the 4G LTE-capable Samsung Galaxy Express™.
New and existing AT&T GoPhone customers can bring their own 4G or 4G LTE smartphone or choose a GoPhone device to connect to AT&T’s nation’s largest 4G network. AT&T 4G and 4G LTE service is available with any of the new GoPhone smartphone plans, which include:
- · $60 a month for 2 GB of data, unlimited nationwide calling, and unlimited messaging — now double the data at a lower monthly price. Additional data is available for $10 per 1 GB.
- · $40 a month for 200 MB of data, 500 minutes of nationwide calling, and unlimited messaging. Additional data is available for $5 per 100 MB.
- · $25 a month for 250 minutes of nationwide calling and unlimited messaging, with an optional data package of 50 MB for an additional $5 a month.
- · All GoPhone monthly plans include international texts from the U.S. to Mexico, Canada and 100 other countries.
“AT&T GoPhone customers can make the most of their smartphones on our fast 4G LTE network, and with our new prepaid plans, they’re getting even more value and data at an attractive price,” said Mark Collins, AT&T Mobility senior vice president of data and voice products. “With the addition of the Samsung Galaxy Express, customers get the latest capabilities and speeds from their wireless experience, and we’ll be adding more exciting devices to our GoPhone lineup.”
The Samsung Galaxy Express is available on June 21 for $249.99 online and at any AT&T company-owned retail store or GoPhone distributors. The Galaxy Express is all about sharing. Samsung’s S Beam™ enables consumers to share large files — photos, videos, music and more — with any other S Beam-capable device. Additional features include:
- · 4G LTE
- · Operating system: Android, Jelly Bean
- · 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- · 4.5-inch Super AMOLED® Plus display
- · 5-megapixel rear facing camera with 720 p video recording capabilities at 30 frames per second
- · 1.3-megapixel front facing camera with VGA video recording at 15 frames per second
- · Internal memory/storage: 1 GB RAM, 8 GB storage with support for up to 32 GB microSD card
AT&T GoPhone monthly plans are also available for quick messaging and basic phones, with several plans to choose from. For $35 a month, basic phone customers can get 500 minutes of nationwide calling, unlimited data and unlimited messaging.
AT&T GoPhone smartphone customers can also choose a $50 unlimited talk and text plan with Wi-Fi data only.
For more information on AT&T GoPhone and a complete listing of plans, visit www.att.com/gophone.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.